Hi friends! My name is Nicole Moy and this is a combination scrapbook and diary documenting my lifestyle, travel, faith, and everything in between. I grew up in Maryland, right between Washington D.C. and Baltimore, and went to college at the University of Maryland, College Park (go Terps!). There, I studied biological sciences with a minor in sustainability studies. Although I intended to start my career after graduating, I ended up moving to Williamsburg, Virginia to get my Master’s in business analytics. What am I doing now? I currently work for a healthcare technology company and am in a rotational program. So far, I have lived in Chicago, Illinois and Seattle, Washington, and I’m excited to see the next place this journey takes me.
Here are 10 random facts so you can start getting to know me:
- During college, I volunteered and led experiences at a sea turtle hospital. This sparked my passion for sustainability and social justice.
- I am obsessed with Hallmark movies. I love to figure out what other movies the actors and actresses have been in before (and my dad loves to guess the ending before it happens).
- My favorite food is sushi, particularly salmon sashimi or poké.
- My favorite color is blue and it shows in my wardrobe and pretty much everything I own (my water bottle, my phone, my journals, my purse… I think you get the picture).
- I feel the most at peace being by the water. It’s my favorite place to run, think, read, and journal. I loved living on the river while I was in Chicago and am only half a mile from the Puget Sound now that I’ve moved to Seattle.
- Some of my alternative “careers” include prom hairstylist, lifestyle photographer, and graduate school application editor.
- When I went to prom, I did several of my friends’ hair and I’ve loved learning new hairstyles from YouTube ever since.
- Whenever I have visitors, my camera roll fills up with their photos. What can I say? I’m personal paparazzi.
- Right now, almost all of my friends are in graduate school and I’ve always loved helping edit their applications and help them prepare for interviews.
- I love photography and capturing memories everywhere I go. Photos are my favorite way to decorate a new space.
- I have never had a cup of coffee. Yes, I know Seattle is wasted on me.
- I love to read and explore new libraries! In 2018, I read 94 books and my goal is to reach 100 in 2019. Please send me some book recommendations!
- My favorite verse is “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’.” Jeremiah 29:11. I repeat this to myself almost daily as a reminder that even if I don’t have it all figured out, God already does.
So, why Intentionally Nicole? After pursuing alliteration for a cute blog name, I came to realize that there are a lot of negative N words (nauseated, nefarious, narcissistic, negligent, etc.). Since that wasn’t a super fruitful direction, I started thinking of what I wanted this blog to embody. Ultimately, I want to share my authentic journey of living an intentional life and seeking out the opportunities and path that God has called me to pursue.
I’m excited to learn and grow through this adventure together!